How to find us?
Tribute Run to be held in Parsloes park
The Embassy of Lithuania in the UK invites you to a Tribute Run in Commemoration of the Day of Defenders of Freedom of Lithuania. It will take place in Parsloes Park, Dagenham on January 11th 2019, Saturday, at 11 AM.
The Run commemorates the 29th anniversary of bloodshed in Vilnius, Lithuania, when 14 people were killed and thousands wounded by the Soviet military as Moscow continued its crackdown on Lithuania's drive for independence in 1991.
What is known as traditional Tribute run has been held every January in Vilnius since 1992. This year for the fifth time cities around the world are joining in. We are proud that London is among them.
The Run is open to all communities. By running together, we all manifest our commitment to Freedom and Human Dignity.
Let’s Run for Freedom!
Important information for participants:
- The Run takes place in Parsloes Park, Terrace Walk, Dagenham, RM9 5PU. Please consult the map for directions. Map.
- The full Run consists of 6 laps which equals to ~ 5.5 miles (9 km). For those unwilling to run the full distance, there will also be an opportunity to cover a `Lap of Honour` (~1.1 miles)
- The registration will begin at 10:00AM. Please arrive on time to ensure a smooth process.
- The official opening will begin at 10:45 AM
- The start will be given at 11 AM
- The expected finish of last participants is at 12:45 PM
- Please consider your health (consult your doctor) before taking part in the Run.
- There will be water and tea provided at Start/Finish point
- We will be able to keep your belongings while you run, however, participants are advised to take care of their valuables personally.