- 2018-10-19 On 19 October at 2.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a meeting of participants of the 1989 expedition to Siberia at the Memorial Complex of the Tuskulėnai Peace Park
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
Lithuanian and Latvian Foreign Ministers sign the Balts’ Award rules
On 11 January, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius and the Latvian Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkēvičs signed an agreement establishing the Balts’ Award.
The Balts’ Award will be conferred annually on natural or legal persons from Lithuania and Latvia for their contribution to and achievements in translation of the Lithuanian literature into Latvian or the Latvian literature into the Lithuanian language. The award will also be given to teachers of the Lithuanian language in Latvia or of the Latvian language in Lithuania, as well as to researchers of Lithuanian and Latvian tangible and intangible cultural or historic heritage, and investigative journalists writing about Lithuanian and Latvian history, culture and tourism.
“We will simultaneously announce about the acceptance of proposals on the websites of the Lithuanian and Latvian Foreign Ministries. Every resident, company, organization or institution in Latvia or Lithuania will be able to offer their candidates,” said Linas Linkevičius.
The Lithuanian and Latvian Foreign Ministers announced their decision to set up the the Balts’ Award on the Balts’ Unity Day on 22 September 2017.