- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is taking part in the General Affairs Council and the General Affairs (Art.50) Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Eastern Partnership Ministerial Meeting in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Astana and Karaganda, Kazakhstan
- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
Lithuania allocates €20 000 in humanitarian aid for Palestinian refugees
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania allocated €20 000 in humanitarian aid for Palestinian refugees. The contribution will be transferred to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).
UNRWA was established in 1949. The agency has been actively involved in helping Palestine refugees who live in 58 camps in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip for over 60 years. UNRWA provides support to more than 5,6 million Palestine refugees, of whom 1.2 million live in absolute poverty, while 700,000 are unable to meet basic needs, including food.
In 2017, Lithuania allocated €503 000 in humanitarian aid for persons affected by conflicts and natural disasters in Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, South Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria, Mali, Sri Lanka, Sierra Leone, Albania, Dominica, as well as for Myanmar and Palestine refugees.
For more information about UNRWA, please click here.