- 2018-10-19 On 19 October at 2.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in a meeting of participants of the 1989 expedition to Siberia at the Memorial Complex of the Tuskulėnai Peace Park
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
Due to Russia’s ongoing aggression against Ukraine, sanctions must stay in place, say Linkevičius and Volker
On 5 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the United States Special Representative for Ukraine Negotiations, Ambassador Kurt Volker and discussed issues related to regional security, the importance of the implementation of the Minsk agreements, the UN peacekeepers in Donbass, and the future of Ukraine’s reforms.
The diplomats underlined that Russia’s ongoing aggression against Ukraine hindered peacebuilding and reconciliation efforts in Ukraine. In the meeting between Lithuania’s Foreign Minister and the Ambassador Volker, it was noted that as long as the Kremlin’s aggression continued and the Minsk agreements were not implemented, sanctions must stay in place.
Linkevičius and Volker discussed efforts to deploy the UN peacekeeping mission throughout the occupied Donbass. The U.S. Special Representative briefed the Minister about the ongoing talks with the Russian Presidential Aid Vladislav Surkov.
Considerable attention was also devoted to the Western support for Ukraine, as the country was implementing reforms in a complex war-torn context in eastern Ukraine.
“In 2014, Ukraine paid a high price for choosing democracy and its European path. It is important for the democratic world to be united and continue to consistently support Ukraine’s reforms aimed at boosting economic growth and combating corruption,” said Minister Linkevičius.